Curbed LA / Vox Media
Contributing Writer | September 2019 - Present
• Report and write digital stories on L.A.’s real estate, housing, development and homelessness.
KPCC + LAist
Reporting Intern | June 2019 - July 2019
• Reported, wrote and produced daily general assignment, education and arts stories for NPR’s L.A. affiliate and web, including a story on how an innovative arts program led to high school diplomas for at-risk youth in L.A.
• Produced a radio feature and web post on the artist behind the new L.A. Public Library cards and his personal connection to libraries.
Freelance Reporter | October 2016 - August 2019
• I’ve reported, written and produced news, arts and culture stories about Los Angeles and Puerto Rico. Stories included new exhibits at museums and small business owners worried about being pushed out because of a new sports stadium coming to their neighborhood.
• Bylines include L.A. TACO, NBC Latino, LA Weekly, mitú, The Argonaut, LA Downtowner, etc.
USC Annenberg Media
Global City Editor | January 2019 - May 2019
• Managed a team of reporters covering local, national, and international news by exploring the ways those issues affect diverse groups here in Los Angeles, including at USC.
• Built web posts using CMS.
Multimedia Reporter | September 2018 - May 2019
• Reported and produced stories for television, radio, social and web, including a story on what National Coming Out Day means for LGBT students of color and international students, which was a finalist for the 2019 Los Angeles Press Club’s “Gender/LBGT Reporting” award.
• Covered breaking news stories of national significance including the 2019 Thousand Oaks shooting.
• Built and designed interactive multimedia websites using HTML, CSS and jQuery.
National Public Radio
Next Generation Radio Fellow | March 2019
• Competitively selected for a week-long digital training on how to report and produce a multimedia story.
• Produced a multimedia story about a Brazilian immigrant’s first days in America and how her life has changed.
University of Southern California
Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
Master of Science, Journalism
July 2018 - May 2019
Mount Saint Mary’s University, L.A.
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and New Media
August 2013 - May 2017
Finalist, NAHJ Ñ Awards, “Student Broadcast,” 2019 • Finalist, Los Angeles Press Club, “Gender/LGBTQ Reporting,” 2019
Native fluency in English and Spanish.
AP Style • Adobe Creative Suite (Audition, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom and InDesign) • Basic HTML/CSS • Social media • DSLR photography
National Association of Hispanic Journalists